Monday, November 11, 2013

Nightstand Redo

So after sifting through what they wanted to keep and throw away or donate, mom let me take these nightstands since she was going to put a different bed in her master. 
I regret not snapping a before pic, but imagine dark cherry wood with brassy handles and pulls. I've wanted a pair of white nightstands for our master bedroom but hadn't come across a good deal yet. So glad my patience paid off! Free is always good! 
After sanding, priming and a few coats of Behr glossy white, here they be! All I did to the handles and pulls was to give them a quick coat of Rustoleum Gold spray paint. 
(don't be hating on my wrinkled sheets) :)
I still have a few thing I'm working on in here. A few months ago I had made my dream curtains after many hours of toiling  away on my machine, but someone came along and offered me the right price so alas, they sold. 
Sorry for the dark pic, but it was the only one I had. My plans are to eventually finish adding the ruffles to my drop cloth curtains soon, paint the walls a lighter shade of griege, possibly paint my bed (thoughts?) and replace or cover the lampshades with something lighter. 

Here is my inspiration pic! 
www.thistlewoodfarms.com 
Seriously, I love this gal although she doesn't know me from Adam. She makes me laugh and has such an uplifting blog. Not to mention she's got creativity down to an art!! *sigh*
One if these maybe I'll get paid to decorate my home and others Lord willing. :)

Well, again, I shall sign off. Have a blessed evening! 

Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment